My live stream is choppy or buffering. What should I do?
- There are multiple possibilities for your buffering. Here are a few options: Try logging out and back in to restart the system. Click the gear icon in the lower right hand corner of the video player. Manually select a video quality instead of leaving it on ‘Auto’. Restart your internet router, then sign back onto DIRTVision.com. Your internet connection may not be strong enough. Go to www.speedtest.net to run a speed test. Your download speed needs to be at least 1.5 Mbps. We recommend higher speeds, though. Make sure your Flash Player is up to date and enabled on your computer. Turn off any other devices that may be using your internet connection to boost the connection on the device you are using to view the broadcast. If you are using a public internet connection or cellular data, these connections can be very unreliable. Try not to use these whenever possible. Still having issues? Email us at DIRTVision@dirtcar.com for a quick response.
How do I contact technical support? Does DIRTVision have a phone number?
- DIRTVision does not have a phone number as this is not the best option to answering questions while at a race. (It can be loud!) We are very quick to respond to our email though as it’s staffed 24/7 during all live events. Email us at DIRTVision@dirtcar.com with any question you may have!
Does DIRTVision support Roku, Chromecast, Amazon Fire TV, or Smart TV’s?
- DIRTVision does not support any gaming device, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, or any Smart TV. While we do not officially support Chromecast, many viewers are able to use this device to watch on their television.
Is DIRTVision available to purchase through my cable provider?
- No, we are only available for purchase through the internet on mobile devices, tablets, and computers.
What are the system requirements for my device to watch the live stream?
- You CANNOT view the live video broadcast on Dial-Up. You need a Cable, DSL, Fiber, T1, or High-Speed Satellite* connection. We recommend a minimum 1.5Mbps (1500 Kbps) download speed connection for the video to stream smoothly. To test your home connection speed, please use the following site: www.speedtest.net.
- Cellular Connections: A strong 3G or 4G cellular connection may offer sufficient bandwidth to view the base stream, but due to inconsistent cell service, we cannot guarantee uninterrupted video throughout the night.
What are the computer system requirements for viewing DIRTVision?
- Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent. Minimum 64mb video ram suggested.
- Non Intel Macintosh Computers and First generation Netbook computers using Atom processors may have insufficient processing power to view live video smoothly.
- How to check your systems specs:
- Windows Users: Start Menu < Control Panel < System & Security < System
- Mac Users: Apple Icon (top corner) < About this Mac
- Ensure you have Adobe Flash Player: https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html
- Download the latest version of Flash Player: https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
- Note: Flash is not needed on iPhones or iPads
What devices are supported for DIRTVision viewing?
DIRTVision supports the following platforms: Windows, Apple (iOS), and Android. DIRTVision supports the following devices: mobile phones, tablets, and computers. Android devices must carry Flash in order to view the video. Any Android device without Flash will not be able to view the video. While the video may play on platforms and devices outside of these, we cannot guarantee the reliability of the stream. We strongly recommend using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox as your internet browser.
How do I know if my Android device will be able to play the video?
- In order for an Android device to play the video, it must be able to support Adobe Flash software.
- Most Android versions 2.2 through 4.0.2 support Adobe Flash by default. Android version 4.0.3 through the current version of 4.3 have the ability to support flash, but it must be installed manually.
- A flash-supporting browser (Firefox, Dolphin and Puffin all work) must also be installed. For a more detailed look at how to work through these steps, watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3gdz-IC1Ik
My computer locked up, so I restarted it and can’t get logged back into my account, what do I do?
- The best way to avoid this problem is to logout before restarting your computer. The system is set to hold the account closed for 5 minutes to keep others from accessing your account. If you are having issues with the stream slowing down and you want to restart your computer to speed up the broadcast, be sure to logout before restarting your computer to prevent this from happening to you mid-broadcast.
- If this problem comes up, contact us at email@example.com to have your account reset so you can be back up and running.
I can’t get a password reset email or confirmation code email. Help!
- You’ve tried to get a password reset or account confirmation email and aren’t receiving one? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we can get your account straightened out!